Animoto Book Trailer

This past semester I came across the idea of using Animoto in the classroom for student created book trailers.  The blog where I discovered this lesson belongs to Holly Mueller.  I set aside the idea of playing with this project for the summer when more time would be available.  This morning I decided to explore the Animoto website.  I could not stop until I finished my trailer because it was so much fun!  Because Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin hits the middle of elementary reading levels, plus is a personal favorite, it was my first book of choice to create a video.  Using Flickr creative commons, Wikimedia commons, and the advanced search of Google images, I found pictures which I could repost without copyright infringement.  When my video reached 30 seconds, but was incomplete, I bought the yearly subscription.  I couldn’t help myself.  My next project will be to utilize a website I found this past week to create a trading card with a QR code in order to access the book trailer.  Learning is like giving Numeroff’s mouse a cookie: it expands, grows, and evolves.  Exciting, right?  Here’s my video: